Saturday 27 December 2014

Scrivener

So, I finally got myself some new writing software, not that my old one wasn't any good it just started to eat chapters and corrupt the save files. So I look around, tried a few and finally settled on Scrivener . Why? Well, the 30 days of work trial was a huge help. Not seen this option before. You actually get to use the software for 30 working days. That is 30 days of actually writing with it, if you only used it once a week you get it for 30 weeks.
So this morning, in my Christmas fatness, I sat down and reconstructed Young Warlock into the software and began to experiment with the synopsis tool on the Cork board, a very clever little feature which allows you to create a synopsis on the fly. I've never been any good at those pesky synopsis so this gizmo is a great help.
Well, that's it for now, I've got work to do. I'll be back with an update real soon.

If you want a free copy of Young Warlock from Smashwords use this coupon at the checkout: BZ68A

Have a good New Year.